Hi there! My name is Avery Cooper. I am a senior at Southern Methodist University (SMU) in Dallas, TX. I’m majoring in Public Relations and Strategic Communication, Journalism, Fashion Media and minoring in Psychology. I plan to graduate in May 2021.
Roles and Positions
In May of 2021, I will graduate from Southern Methodist University with a B.A. in Public Relations and Strategic Communication, a B.A. in Journalism, a B.A. in Fashion Media and a minor in Psychology.
I am currently an Account Team Member at The Power Group, a strategic public relations agency in Dallas, TX. My responsibilities and skills utilized in this role include:
- Community Partnerships: Manage research, pitching & acquiring community partners for a co-warehousing/co-working client amid its new location’s launch in DFW
- Influencer Relations: Research, pitch & acquire influencers for clients in the beauty, food & restaurant industries
- Blog Writing: Write 2-5 blogs per month for clients & for The Power Group’s blog page on its website.
- Media Pitching: Pitch media in broadcast, magazine & newspaper mediums
- Research: Research potential influencers, industry trends, community partners, and best strategies for clients
- Content Creation: Write copy & create content for clients’ social media platforms on a monthly basis
This school year, from June 2020 to May 2021, I have the honor of representing SMU’s Corporate Communications and Public Affairs department as a CCPA Fellow. I am in charge of managing, writing, and publishing blog posts and social media content for the SMU CCPA Blog.
I am currently Vice President of Programming for SMU’s PRSSA chapter. My responsibilities include scheduling and managing events, speakers, career fairs and distributing this information throughout the rest of the executive board.
From December 2019 to October 2020, I was Membership Vice President (MVP) for Gamma Phi Beta, Alpha Xi chapter. I planned, managed and coordinated all recruitment, informal and formal, efforts for the sorority. As MVP, I was able to double my chapter’s new member numbers while still adhering to our high standards of membership, including true, constant and strong women of character.
Most recently, I was employed as the Engagement Intern for Innovent, a creative brand engagement and event marketing agency. I managed and posted on the agency’s Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn. I wrote and published white papers that enhanced the agency’s role as a thought leader in the industry. I worked and communicated with clients on fact sheets, reports and email marketing campaigns. I assisted in other communication, content creation, graphic design, outreach and research efforts.
Follow my work
This portfolio is a combination of my published works, thoughts, stories, poems, news packages and more. Some articles have been published in Daily Campus, Texas Jewish Post and PaperCity Magazine – Dallas.